PASTA & VINO TOUR
Remember these movies about Italy you watched in a grey winter day? Those with views of leafy piazzas, of verdant scenery, of bountiful tables that make you want to leave your busy life and take off to the Italian countryside?
Would you like to live the dream? Visit us in Umbria and experience the splendid scenery, as well as the way we Italians live, appreciate life and all it has to offer!
Your hosts, Letizia and Barbara, have created for you the Pasta & Vino Tour, a relaxing and personalized experience of the local cooking, wine and hospitality for which Italian families are known.
Pasta & Vino is a 4 days small-group tour for food and wine lovers. The tour is available on flexible dates, so it’s ideal as an introduction to the Umbrian countryside if you have limited time. Transport in a comfortable air-conditioned van is included so you don’t need to to navigate through the windy roads, but can sit back and enjoy the wine and scenery.
The tour is based at Agriturismo B&B and Cooking school Alla Madonna del Piatto, managed by Letizia’s family and located near medieval Assisi and it’s world-famous Basilica of Saint Francis.
Alla Madonna del Piatto cooking school is listed by National Geographic among 500 places where to eat around the globe. The B&B has had a number of press mentions over the years including for example Food and Wine Magazine, Rick Steve’s and Lonely Planet.
Letizia will open her kitchen for you to learn to make fresh pasta, flavorful sauces, brilliant vegetables and a variety of other recipes belonging to her family tradition.
Barbara of WinelinkItaly is your wine expert, qualified sommelier and fluent English-speaking driver for the tour.
She will be your ever present friend during your Umbrian days taking you through the spectacular wine country, opening for you the doors of small wineries and artisan workshops that would take weeks of careful trip planning to discover.
Included in the tour:
- 4 nights B&B accommodation at Agriturismo Alla Madonna del Piatto
- transport in an air conditioned, 8 person mini-van. The small group size guarantees a personalized service
- a guided wine tasting together with local cheeses and cured meat
- 1 hands-on cooking class at Alla Madonna del Piatto
- one full day winery tour
- one full day of local culinary experiences which will vary with the seasons. For example you will participate to olive harvest, to a truffle hunting or a village food festival (sagra). In addition, we will find time to visit an artisan chocolate maker, a porchetta maker or a microbrewery
- all meals (3 lunches and 4 dinners) are included and will take place at local restaurants or wineries
- all local taxes
Minimum attendance for tour to run: 4 people
Maximum number of participants: 8 people
Minimum age to participate: 18 yrs
Cost: From € 1.150/person based on double occupancy for a minimum of 4 people. Please inquire for prices and availability of a private tour for 2-3 people.
Before booking please read our Terms and Conditions
We are thankful to all our guests for providing some of the pictures and especially to Mindy Schroeder for the pasta and wine photos in the banner of this page!
Direzione tecnica Brezzatours Viaggi – aria di Vacanze s.n.c Via Piermarini 34, Foligno p.iva 02100460548